All types of vehicles can be subjected to the dangers of explosion caused by gunfire, mines and IED’s, and various security threats. To increase survivability, a vehicle with appropriate protection is required. Vehicles equipped with Safetank protected fuel tanks have a greater chance to complete missions and return crews safely. Hutchinson is able to offer various levels of fuel tank protection to accommodate the customers’ unique needs.
The SAFETANK self sealing outer coating seals entry and exit holes instantly:
- Retains fuel in tank
- Minimizes potential ignition of spilled fuel
Fire Suppression / Anti-Explosion
The SAFETANK outer coating closes off wounds and stops fuel leaks:
- Reduces risk of fire and explosion
- Fire retardant layer prevents crew injury from external fires
- Internal fillers inhibit ignition of fuel vapor during blast and penetration
Safetank protective coating:
- Eliminates need for armor plates, metal or composite
- Enables use of lightweight tank material: plastic or aluminum
- Can reduce system weight up to 220lbs. on some applications
The outer layer of the SAFETANK can take impacts from heavy debris and withstands the harsh conditions seen by military off road vehicles.
Flex Fit Tank Wrap
Vehicles subjected to the dangers of explosion caused by gunfire and various security threats require fuel tank protection to increase survivability. The Flex Fit Tank Wrap provides a field mountable light weight solution for fuel tank protection. Hutchinson is able to offer various levels of fuel tank protection to accommodate the customers’ unique needs.
The Ballisti-Can protects spare fuel cans from leaks caused by:
- Ballistic punctures from 5.56 to 14.5 mm
- Blast fragments