All types of vehicles can be subjected to the dangers of explosion caused by gunfire, mines and IED’s, and various security threats. To increase survivability, a vehicle with appropriate protection is required. Vehicles equipped with Safetank protected fuel tanks have a greater chance to complete missions and return crews safely.
The SAFETANK self sealing outer coating seals entry and exit holes instantly:
- Retains fuel in tank
- Minimizes potential ignition of spilled fuel
Fire Suppression / Anti-Explosion
The SAFETANK outer coating closes off wounds and stops fuel leaks:
- Reduces risk of fire and explosion
- Fire retardant layer prevents crew injury from external fires
- Internal fillers inhibit ignition of fuel vapor during blast and penetration
Safetank protective coating:
- Eliminates need for armor plates, metal or composite
- Enables use of lightweight tank material: plastic or aluminum
- Can reduce system weight up to 220lbs. on some applications
The outer layer of the SAFETANK can take impacts from heavy debris and withstands the harsh conditions seen by military off road vehicles.
Small arms fire and machine gun fire can cause loss of valuable fuel during transport.
- 1 gallon of fuel delivered = $400.00, Safetank can seal wounds from heavy machine gun and blast shrapnel
- Guarantee availability of fuel
- Enable completion of critical delivery and logistic transports Tanker Protection
Flex Fit Tank Wrap
Vehicles subjected to the dangers of explosion caused by gunfire, mines and IED’s and various security threats require fuel tank protection to increase survivability. The Flex Fit Tank Wrap provides field mountable light weight fuel tank protection.
The Ballisti-Can protects spare fuel cans from leaks caused by:
- Ballistic punctures from 5.56 to 14.5 mm
- Blast fragments